Without having a goal it's difficult to score
Goals are very important to us. They keep us focused on what we set out to do, whilst providing us with a means to assess our progress. We understand the importance of having grand aims for the future, idealistic achievements that excite and inspire, whilst at the same time maintaining day to day motives, ones that keep us on track and measure our success.
We aim to:
- Establish a further 2 academies in Rwanda by 2015.
Reach out and encourage others to build upon their futures and realise their dreams.
- Contribute to creating the first all African cycling team to compete in the Tour de France.
The purpose of this team is to provide Africa with icons that will promote peace and reconciliation.
Create a historical landmark for the continent.
- Ensure all students of the academy complete primary and secondary education.
The creation of positive role models is crucial. Students from the academy will be ambassadors for their communities.
- Deliver 150 days worth of training camps a year.
Success will be born on the back of consistent hard work delivered over time.
- Make the academy independent of external financial support within 5 years.
From the beginning it is to be a Rwandan success story. Outside help will get the academy off the ground, but it is to be carried forward by Rwandans.
- Develop community based events promoting peace, sport and well-being.
Encourage the idea that communites, when working together, can shape the world in which they live.
- Have a minimum of two students graduate into Team Rwanda each year.
Provide the necessary conditions for gifted cyclists to realise their potential and to progress within the sport.